ActiveTrainingWorld Met League
ATW are delighted to announce that they are now officially the new sponsors of the Metropolitan Cross Country League.
It has been agreed that ATW will be the title sponsors of the Met League for the next two seasons and we are very excited about this opportunity.
The Met League is arguably the most competitive cross country league in the country and is made up of 21 athletic and running clubs from Essex, Hertfordshire and Middlesex.
There are 5 Met League cross country fixtures held in various locations between October and February. Male & female athletes aged 11 and upwards compete at each fixture and there are 6 races which are categorised as:
- Under 13 boys
- Under 13 girls
- Combined under 15 boys and under 17 men
- Combined under 15 girls and under 17 women
- Combined senior women and veteran women
- Senior men and veteran men The senior and veterans races also include divisions one, two and three.
Everyone that completes their respective race, no matter what position they finish, scores for their club. These points are calculated after each fixture. After the final fixture the league results are totaled up and the winners are crowned. This year the 5 fixtures will be held at:
- Claybury, 20th October 2012
- Stevenage, 10th November 2012
- Ally Pally, 15th December 2012
- Horsenden Hill, 12th January 2013
- Ruislip, TBC