- Latest News
- Contact us
- London Athletics Networks
- About us
- Disability Athletics
- Run England - London
- London Inter Club Challenge
- Got an enquiry?
- Our Partners
- London Links
- London Athletics Blog
- Run London Blog
- Chair's Blog
- QuadKids London
- Barnet Copthall Stadium
- Volunteers - London
Become a Sports Maker
Sport Makers is your chance to be part of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic legacy.
The Sport England programme is totally flexible and extremely rewarding. You choose how you want to be involved and who you want to make sport happen for – friends, colleagues, neighbours or your local community.
Whether it’s planning the route, getting your friends to come along or promoting in your workplace – Running doesn’t just happen, it needs people to make it happen!
Become one of 40,000 Sport Makers and you’ll not only get the skills, knowledge and opportunities you need to get more people taking part, you’ll become part of the official London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic sports legacy.
The scheme aims to recruit 40,000 new Sport Makers into sport and help provide participation opportunities in the local community. A Sport Maker is someone who is 16 years and older and makes sport happen for others. It’s not formal or restricted, you are just someone who informally helps others to participate. For information on Sport Makers visit www.sportmakers.co.uk
What is Run England and who is it for?
Run England offers the perfect chance for you to get involved and make running happen for others.
Never run before? Already enjoy running? Not run in a while? – RUN ENGLAND IS FOR YOU!
- Run England Groups create a fun, social environment for you and your friends to enjoy running with similar ability people.
- Run England is based on locally accessible running for all, with groups being created for women, students, mixed-sex, schools, workplaces and families.
- Run England groups will provide you with support and advice from a qualified, insured, friendly Group Leader who has been trained to help people like you!
- It is free to join Run England! – That means you get access to useful information, exclusive discounts and you can go along to your local Run England Group and it costs you nothing! – click here to register now.
How do I register as a Sport Maker and start making running happen?
To register as a Sport Maker and book yourself on an inspirational workshop or convention, click here.
I’m a Sport Maker
Click here to download England Athletics’ Sport Makers Leaflet.