England Athletics knows that athletes lie at the centre of our sport. That is why we work hard to attract athletes into the sport and then provide them with the support they then need.
News and Events
You can find out more about events in the London area by clicking here.
And more about news from the London area by clicking here.
For more information about national news go to www.englandathletics.org/news
Upcoming England Athletics Championships
Click here for details of England Athletics Championships, details of road events can be found by clicking here.
Become part of the sport - reap the benefits:
Many of the services that are available to athletes are best accessed through being part of an athletics club that is affiliated to England Athletics. If you are not a member of a club we strongly recommend you join a club which supports your level or aspiration and ability. There are many different types of athletics club so it is highly likely that you will find one that suits your needs. As a club you are likely to be part of a training group, team and support network that will make athletics more enjoyable and success far more achievable. A club will open the door to all kinds of competitions and opportunities for you. By joining a club you can also become a registered athlete and enjoy many of the benefits this brings.
Once you are a registered athlete you will be sent a competition licence. Along with this you will also receive a user name and password which enable you to log in to keep your profile up to date. To go to the 'Edit My Profile' page please click here or go to www.englandathletics.org/editmyprofile. This will help you to get the most from the benefits we are able to offer athletes.
Some examples of the services we provide to athletes are:
• Discounted road race entry for registered members of affiliated clubs
• £5 voucher for specialist retailer Sweatshop for for registered members of affiliated clubs with a further 10% discount on subsequent purchases. See www.sweatshop.co.uk/ea
• Regional and inter-regional championships in partnership with established competition providers
• National Championships across a wide range of event groups
• Representative opportunities for talented athletes at a national and regional level
• International representative teams in major events and across varied age groups
• Providing athletes with access to support services to improve their training and conditioning
• Working with UK Athletics to bridge the gap between potential and performance
• Working with established bodies to secure more investment for talent development
• Subsidised training events for club members
• Entry benefits for major road races and competitions
Activating your membership card - to claim your £5 Sweatshop voucher and discount
Instructions on how to activate your card are in the leaflet enclosed with your registration card. To register to use your card on line visit www.sweatshop.co.uk/EA and follow the instructions.
Finding a good coach
One of the most important services available to athletes is effective coaching. This is fundamental if you want to maximise your performance and enjoyment, and also to reduce the risk of injury through inappropriate training. To find out more about the work of England Athletics on this front visit www.englandathletics.org/coaching.