ENDURANCE PREPARATION, WITH NADEEM SHAIKH.
ENDURANCE PREPARATION, DYNAMIC AND STATIC DRILLS, TRAINING AND PLANNING FOR CROSS COUNTRY – WITH NADEEM SHAIKH.
- SUNDAY 21ST OCTOBER 2012 10AM TO 1PM ARRIVE AT 9.45
- SUNDAY 4TH NOVEMBER 2012 10AM TO 1PM ARRIVE 9.45
NOTE NEW VENUE: PARLIAMENT HILL FIELDS RUNNING TRACK HIGHGATE ROAD HAMPSTEAD HEATH NW5 1AR
- Nadeem Shaikh is an established Shaftesbury Barnet Harrier Coach and Hertfordshire Endurance Coach.
We will discuss the following issues and also try out exercises:
- What is endurance running & how to build up a good endurance base for middle & long distance running?
- Session planning. Training hard - but still making it fun & interesting.
- Warming up, stretching, dynamic drills and cooling down.
- The difference between speed, speed endurance, aerobic & anaerobic endurance training.
- How to prepare when training for cross country.
- Different type of endurance training: Hill sessions, Steady running, Fartlek sessions (speed play) / Interval training) Tempo running, Recovery run.
Quote from person who attended last workshop : ‘very useful’ ‘and enjoyed the workshop a lot’.
No need to book just turn up on the day – come prepared also to do practical work if you wish – coaches and athletes. For further information on workshops and events held by the NLAN contact Deborah Laing Network Development Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.Follow @londonathletics